The activation process above includes a stage where you have to log in to your Amazon Prime Account. Therefore, it is necessary to have an Amazon Prime account created beforehand. Note that this account will be a free trial login, just for the activation.
- Find an internet-enabled device and access www.amazon.com/mytv on any reliable browser on the device.
- Find the ‘New to Amazon’ tab.
- Under it, click on ‘Create Your Amazon Account.’
- You will be required to provide some personal information – your name, email, and a unique password.
- Type in the information at the appropriate tabs and click on ‘Create Your Amazon Account.’
- You will be asked to check the email you have provided for a verification link. Alternatively, you may be sent an Amazon Prime One Time Password (OTP).
- In the case of the OTP, punch in the password and click on CONTINUE.
- If you plan to become a paid Amazon Prime Member, go ahead to add your credit card as the preferred payment method
If you follow the step-by-step guide provided above, you can expect your Amazon Prime account to be verified. Remember that you can only activate your Amazon Prime on www.amazon.com/mytv with your Amazon Prime verification code after you have subscribed to Amazon Prime membership.
The membership fee costs $119/year for non-student users and $59/year for students. The monthly equivalent of these fees is $12.99 and $6.49, respectively.